Monday, February 22, 2010

just around the bend

Here are a few images from the presentation of "Moon River" fw10/11 at The Swiss Institute last week.
I will write about the installation by Kueng-Caputo in more detail later! We created a kind of fairytale mystical place, snowy and strange, fog coming from dry ice and logs projected unto cardboard boxes. The models knitted, read, played cards..Daria who did the "DJ" playing the records, actually has never seen a record player before!
This is me explaining to Daria how to work the turn table..

Elizabeth was the break out star of the evening

Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me


and yes next fall will see the return of the Overboard coat!

No comments: